- Why it’s important to ask the right questions before you develop your sales presentation
- Who should you focus more of your efforts on in sales training: the top performers or the middle class performers?
- How you can ensure that your company has a compelling message and value proposition.
- What is the 30/20/10 Rule and why is it important to the professional development of every sales rep?
- How to train sales reps to become better at asking questions.
This is one of the most powerful interviews I’ve had on Accelerate! so far.
Bob Burg is the co-author of the powerful best-selling classic: The Go Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea. The Go Giver is a parable, based on the 5 laws of stratospheric success, that lays out a path to success and happiness in life, as well as in business and sales.
The Go Giver is a proven recipe for achieving success that is based on giving, serving, and placing the needs of others before your own. In this episode, Bob and I talk about the five powerful laws of stratospheric success that are at the heart of the Go Giver formula:
- The Law of Value
- The Law of Compensation
- The Law of Influence
- The Law of Authenticity
- The Law of Receptivity
Listen now! This is a don’t miss episode.
The Best of Accelerate! The Keys to Hunting and Landing The Big Whales (i.e. major accounts.) With Barbara Weaver Smith.
This is one of my favorite episodes on major account selling. My guest, Barbara Weaver Smith, is the Founder and CEO of The Whale Hunters, and the co-author of the classic, best-selling book Whale Hunting: How to Land Big Sales and Transform Your Company In this episode, Barbara and I discussed the keys to winning orders from major accounts, otherwise known as “whales,” that will accelerate the growth of your sales. Among the topics we talked about in this fascinating conversation are:
- How do you find the “whale” that is 20X bigger than your current sales opportunities?
- What are the keys to identifying the right person to speak with at a whale?
- What are some of the common fears that whales have about smaller vendors?
- How you can land the major account orders that will completely transform your company.
When you finish listening to Barbara crush here it with her key insights into major accounts sales success, then head over to Amazon.com and order her new book: Whale Hunting with Global Accounts: Four Critical Sales Strategies to Win Global Customers.
In this episode, originally published on Feb 9, 2016, Aaron Ross, discussed the lessons that sales leaders had learned about building highly scalable revenue machines in the time since the publication of his influential first book, Predictable Revenue. He has captured many of these lessons in case studies contained in his new book (written with co-author Jason Lemkin), From Impossible to Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue. In this information-packed episode we discuss key topics from this book including:
- The steps required to plan for sales success.
- How to increase you chances for success by Nailing a Niche
- Why you can’t prove your sales model by selling to friends of friends.
- How to avoid being trapped in the Trust Gap
- The vital role that Customer Success plays in driving revenue growth
- And much, much more!
Want to learn how to accelerate revenue growth for your company? Don’t miss out on this episode!
Mark Hunter is known as The Sales Hunter. (Could you possibly have a better name for sales?) He has authored the book, High Profit Selling, and he has another new book, High Profit Prospecting, coming out soon. In this episode Mark and I talk about the #1 challenge in sales: prospecting. Among the topics related to new business development that we discuss are:
- Why is prospecting the #1 challenge in sales right now?
- What are the biggest obstacles reps face in generating new opportunities?
- What are the primary reasons sales reps fail to convert more leads into opportunities?
- How do you create a marriage between social selling and traditional lead generation?
In this episode, Regis Lemmens, founder of Sales Cubes and a Professor at leading business schools in the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands, shares the key findings of his extensive research into the future of B2B sales. He describes what his research found to be the necessary and inevitable evolution of consultative selling to a true collaborative partnership with buyers. Among the topics we discuss in this episode are:
- What is value co-creation and why is it central to the future of B2B sales?
- Why buyers may start paying you to sell to them. And, what that means for the future of the sales rep.
- How sales teams will continue to become more specialized. But, not in the way you might think.
- How the hunter-farmer metaphor for sales reps will become obsolete.
If you’re in sales or sales management, then you definitely need to listen to this episode.
In his unique high-energy style, Jon Ferrara, founder and CEO of Nimble, and one of the early pioneers of the entire sales force automation industry, shares his “5 E’s” of Social Business Success. You’ll have to listen if you want learn these essential keys to becoming a trusted advisor to your customers, to creating lasting value-based relationships and to building a community that produces a steady stream of referrals. If you’re in sales, service, management or leadership, then you will definitely want to invest some time to listen to this episode!
One of my favorite shows so far has been Episode 66 of Accelerate! featuring my guest, Bob Apollo. There is always a lot of talk among sales leaders about the need to sell with value. However, too often these efforts fall short of the mark.
In this episode, from January of this year, Bob Apollo, founder of Inflexion-Point Strategy Partners, based in the UK, does a great job of describing how to use value-based selling to transform the performance of your sales efforts. Among the many topics we discussed are:
- How to use value-based selling to tap into the full potential and elevate the productivity of your B and C level sales reps.
- Effective strategies for using value-based sales as a tool to increase the ROI that decision-makers receive from the time they invest in meetings with your sales reps.
- How top sales reps synchronize and align the delivery of value with the customer’s buying process in order to simplify and shorten the time to an order.
Tune in today and listen as Bob defines a process that every manager and sales leader can use to build a strong value-based sales culture in their organizations. Do not miss this episode!
This week my guest choosing a favorite episode of Accelerate! is Jack Kosakowski, Global Head of B2B Social Sales Strategy at Creation Agency.
Why did Jack choose this episode?
“This episode with Richard Ruff was super high level and real sales talk with actionable information. Richard clearly lays out that the same challenges we are experiencing today in sales are not new by any means. He really drills into the facts around sales methodologies and shows that they aren’t easy to implement and never will be. He also talks about the importance of reinforcement in sales enablement and training. Amazing podcast and one that you should listen to yesterday.”
Click on the podcast player above to listen now.
A Description of My Conversation with Richard Ruff
Richard (Dick) Ruff is a top sales trainer and leading expert on major account selling. He is the author of Mastering Major Account Selling and the co-author, with Neil Rackham of the book Managing Major Sales. In this episode we tackle the importance of integrating Account Based Selling into your sales process. Among the many other topics we discuss in this episode are:
- How to utilize the fundamentals of account based selling.
- What is SPIN Selling and is it still relevant to account based selling?
- What are the steps a company should take to reinforce the training that has been taught to their sales reps?
- The right ways companies should invest their time, effort, and money on sales training.
CLICK HERE to listen now.
The Best of Accelerate!: Episode 23 with Mike Weinberg. You Can’t Run A Sales Organization When You’re Buried In Crap
This is one of my favorite episodes from the Accelerate! archives.
Mike Weinberg has written two excellent books about how to develop new business and how to manage sales. In this episode we had a fast, fun conversation about some of the key lessons he teaches about sales management in his latest book: Sales Management. Simplified.
We all know that growing sales is hard work. In his most recent book, Sales Management. Simplified, Mike Weinberg takes dead aim at the self-destructive, self-defeating behaviors of sales managers (and senior management) that unnecessarily impede and slow down sales growth. In this episode, Mike, with his trademark bluntness, provides the diagnosis and the cure for common sales management challenges. And he outlines his simple framework for sales management that any organization can use to achieve their sales goals. Sales leaders: this was a must listen episode when it first aired. It still is essential listening today!