My guest on this episode of Accelerate! is Alzay Calhoun, Founder and CEO of Coveted Consultant, a professional training and coaching company. Among the topics Alzay and I discuss are how the right content can transform a prospect’s perception of your intangible value into tangible value, how to use content to maintain the right “problem-solution orientation” to engage and educate prospects , and how to focus on creating the right “pillar content” that supports your entire content strategy.
Jessica Rhodes is the founder and CEO of Interview Connections, what I call a match-making service for podcasters and guests. She’s also the host of her own podcast and web TV show, Interview Connections TV. In this episode Jessica and I discuss why podcasting needs to be a part of every company’s content marketing strategy, how to build your expertise and brand with a podcast, how to use a podcast to connect with new prospects and the steps to start your podcast right now.
Cara Hogan is the content marketing manager for Rentlytics. In this episode, Cara and I talk about the critical sales and marketing alignment, how how to create content that aligns with the requirements of sales reps, how to track sales reps’ engagement with content, how to support account-based selling and account-based marketing models with content, and much more.
Jeff Leo Herrmann is CRO of Fathom, a digital marketing agency that creates data driven, profitable growth. Jeff also hosts a podcast called, Publish or Perish – Selling in the age of content marketing. In this episode, Jeff and I cover a range of topics about content marketing and sales. Join us now as we discuss how content marketing drives sales, why content marketing is more effective than traditional marketing, how the role of content marketing is critical for prospecting, and much, much more.
Ardath Albee is the best-selling author of eMarketing Strategies for the Complex Sales and Digital Relevance, and President of Marketing Interactions. (She’s also a member of the Romance Writers of America!) In today’s episode, Ardath discusses one of the key challenges for all organizations: how to maximize alignment between their marketing and sales efforts. Among the many topics we discuss are:
- The primary reason there is a disconnect between marketing and sales.
- Why the most important part of content marketing is engaging the potential buyer in a conversation.
- The importance of defining a storyline in the buying process.
- Why conversations are a series of questions and answers.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 142 with Joe Pulizzi. How to Use Content Marketing To Radically Grow Your Sales
Joe Pulizzi is the founder of Content Marketing Institute and the author of the best-selling book Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses. In today’s installment, Joe and I discuss how to correctly, and patiently, use content marketing to dramatically increase your sales. Among the many topics we discuss are:
- What “content marketing” really means to your business.
- Why you need a plan to consistently target the right audience, your “sweet spot,” with your content.
- Why content-based marketing is an essential tool to help your prospects get to know, like and trust you.
- How a small/mid-size business should use content marketing to grow its business.
- How to convert “followers” into “subscribers” who are ready to do business with you.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 124 with Jon Wuebben. Warm Up Your Leads With Good Content Marketing That Builds Trust.
Jon Wuebben is the founder and CEO of Content Launch, a provider of the first complete content marketing software built for small and medium-sized businesses. In this episode, Jon provides effectives strategies that sellers can use to warm up prospects with good content that starts a conversation with your customers. Among the many topics we discuss are:
- What is content marketing?
- Strategies for SMBs to implement their first content marketing strategy.
- What kind of resources does a small business need to conduct effective content marketing?
- Simple steps to warm up leads with great content.
- The 3 key factors of a content marketing strategy that converts leads into opportunities.
- Why content marketing generates a better ROI than advertising.
Kevin Craine is the Executive Director of Craine Communications Group. His podcast, Everyday MBA, interviews best-selling business authors, innovative thought leaders, and top-shelf executives. Kevin is also a professional writer and editor, an internationally respected business technology analyst, and an award-winning podcast producer. Among the topics that Kevin and I in this episode:
- How to develop new customers through value-based thought leadership content.
- What it takes to become an acknowledged thought leader.
- Key ways to grab your customer’s attention through compelling content.
- 7 steps to create credible & compelling content that cause customers to take action.
In this second episode of my two-part conversation with Mark Roberge, CRO of HubSpot sales division and author of the best-selling book, The Sales Acceleration Formula, describes the process that he created to build the sales team that produced predictable scalable revenue growth as it rapidly marched from $0 to over $100 million in sales. Among the key topics we discuss are:
- How to scale your demand generation efforts
- How to put in place the process and resources to align marketing and sales.
- The unexpected skill set you should hire into your content marketing efforts.
- Why companies are under-investing in inbound marketing and how to balance that with proactive outbound demand gen.
- How to project the mix of inbound and outbound required to scale your sales.
If you have the responsibility to grow a business, or scale a sales team to increase revenues, or maybe you want to run your own business someday, then this is a must listen episode. Don’t miss it! Listen today.
Etai Beck is CEO and Co-Founder of Folloze. In this episode, Etai discusses how you can deliver value to your prospects by responsively providing the right content at the right moment at each stage in their buyer’s journey. He talks about tools you can use to create compelling narrative for the prospect that helps them understand at a greater level of depth exactly what value the solution that you’re selling is going to provide. Etai also shows why it’s essential for you to understand how buyers engage with your content and to mine insights that enable you to quickly and effectively respond to the help the customer move closer to making their choice. If you’re a sales leader or have responsibility for sale enablement, you’ll want to download and listen to this episode.