Joining me on this episode of Accelerate! is Dan Englander, Founder of Sales Schema and the author of The B2B Sales Blueprint, and more recently, Mastering Account Management: 102 Steps for Increasing Sales, Serving Your Customers Better, and Working Less. Among the many topics that Dan and I discuss are how to keep your customers engaged and involved beyond the initial sale, how to unify sales and customer success around common goals; and how to build on the customer experience to generate repeat business.
Joining me on this episode of Accelerate! is Cian McLoughlin. Cian is Founder and CEO of Trinity Perspectives, a sales consultancy based in Sydney, Australia, and author of the new bestselling book, The Rebirth of the Salesman. Among the many topics that Cian and I discuss are the value of detailed Win/Loss Reviews, the surprising things that influence customers in their decisions to buy or not, and why ‘tier two’ salespeople are not your best choice for account management and customer success roles.
My guest is Shep Hyken, a leading expert in Customer Service and the Customer Experience, a Hall of Fame Speaker, and New York Times & Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Cult of the Customer and The Amazement Revolution. Among the many topics Shep and I discuss are the experience economy and how that influences how you sell and support your customers. He lays out the critical difference between customer service and customer success, and describes his 6-step program for building a culture of customer service in your team.
Dave Blake is the founder and CEO of ClientSuccess, a platform that helps Customer Success team proactively manage, retain and grow their existing customer base. In this episode, Dave talks about the role CS teams play in retaining customers, opening doors to up-selling, and minimizing the churn among subscribers. Among the topics we discuss are:
- The important differences between Client Success and Customer Support
- The best practices of CS Teams.
- The role of the Customer Success Manager (CSM) in customer retention and minimizing churn.
- How to identify and hire strong CSMs.
- Managing the hand-off between Account Execs and Customer Success Managers.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 144 with Guy Nirpaz. The Role of Customer Success Teams in Growing Your Revenue
Guy Nirpaz is the co-founder and CEO of Totango, a leading customer success platform. He is also the author of the new book Farm Don’t Hunt: The Definitive Guide to Customer Success. In today’s episode Guy and I discuss the critical role Customer Success teams play in expanding the lifetime value of your customers. Among the many topics we are discuss are:
- The essential differences between Customer Success and Customer Service. And, what this means for your business.
- The role of Customer Success in onboarding, expanding and renewing customer relationships.
- How to use Customer Success data to reduce customer churn.
- The role of value creation in driving renewals.
- The biggest challenges that customer success teams face.