Joining me on this episode of Accelerate! are my guests Anneke Seley and Britton Manasco, coauthors of the new book, Next Era Selling: 5 Strategies to Make Your Business Unstoppable. Anneke is the CEO and Founder of Reality Works Group, and coauthor of a previous book, Sales 2.0: Improve Business Results Using Innovative Sales Practices and Technology. Britton is the CEO and Founder of Visible Impact. Among the many topics that Anneke, Britton, and I discuss are how they came to write their book, the external trends that are forcing sales organizations to change, what established companies can learn from agile startups, and the new melding of inside and field sales teams.
My guest on this episode of Accelerate! is Dan McDade, Founder and CEO of PointClear and author of The Truth About Leads. Among the many topics Dan and I discuss are the importance of sales & marketing alignment in lead generation, effective strategies to improve sales & marketing collaboration, the differences between inside sales reps and outside sales executives and how to choose the right candidates for each role, and establishing good KPIs, such as the percentage of sales qualified leads an effective sales organization should expect to close.
Welcome to another Front Line Friday with my very special guest, Bridget Gleason. Today’s conversation is all about the pros and cons of quantity vs. quality when it comes to proactive prospecting by inside sales teams. Is it an either/or question? And, we also dig into what should you be doing to fill your pipeline with qualified opportunities and increase your close rate. Join us now!
Lynn Hidy, the founder of UpYourTeleSales.com, is an expert at creating profitable inside sales teams. In today’s episode, Lynn and I discuss how companies can use inside sales to grow revenues in competitive markets. Among the topics we discuss are:
- How to build a motivated and enthusiastic sales team.
- The impact that your verbal “body language” has on buyers.
- How to accurately track of your selling time.
- Measuring the activities that move you forward in your prospects’ buying process.
- How to create an effective sales script.
Jamison Powell is the Vice President of Sales for New Voice Media. New Voice Media provides a call center software solution designed to help you sell more by increasing the efficiency of your inside sales team. In this episode, I talk with Jamison about how to utilize the benefits of the latest sales technologies to increase your sales. Among the topics we discuss:
- Why do sales reps still treat their customers like strangers?
- Is cold calling still a cost-effective way to prospect?
- How to automate your sales process using the latest sales enablement technologies.
- Why phone-based, or conversation-based, sales will remain the most effective way to connect with prospect.
In this episode, originally published on Feb 9, 2016, Aaron Ross, discussed the lessons that sales leaders had learned about building highly scalable revenue machines in the time since the publication of his influential first book, Predictable Revenue. He has captured many of these lessons in case studies contained in his new book (written with co-author Jason Lemkin), From Impossible to Inevitable: How Hyper-Growth Companies Create Predictable Revenue. In this information-packed episode we discuss key topics from this book including:
- The steps required to plan for sales success.
- How to increase you chances for success by Nailing a Niche
- Why you can’t prove your sales model by selling to friends of friends.
- How to avoid being trapped in the Trust Gap
- The vital role that Customer Success plays in driving revenue growth
- And much, much more!
Want to learn how to accelerate revenue growth for your company? Don’t miss out on this episode!
Bob Perkins is the founder and Chairman of the rapidly growing American Association of Inside Sales Professionals (AA-ISP). (If you’re in sales and you’re not a member, you should join.) He has more than 20 years of leadership experience focused on building, improving, and leading inside sales teams. In this episode, Bob and I talk about the future development of inside sales and the increasing impact it will have on all sales reps and businesses. Be sure to listen as we cover many topics including:
- What are the short-term challenges occurring within inside sales?
- How does the increasing use of sales technologies affect inside sales?
- How increasing sales automation could change the P2P (person to person) aspect of selling.
- The future evolution of more specialized roles in sales.
- How traditional sales training needs to change to meet the need of inside and field sales teams.
Micheline Nijmeh is the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) at LiveHive, a unified Sales Acceleration Platform that delivers enhanced sales team productivity, email effectiveness, and follow-up through automation and engagement analytics. Among the sales productivity topics Micheline and I discuss are:
- What forces are shifting the balance between inside sales and field sales positions?
- What necessary sales disciplines have slipped in recent times as sales increasingly shifts towards inside sales?
- Why sales on-boarding processes need to change and how to decrease the amount of time required to train new sales reps.
- What inside sales reps must do to create positive first impressions on prospects.
- How to prioritize your investments in new sales technologies.
- What are buyer-side analytics? And why are they important drivers of sales productivity?
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 110 with Bridget Gleason. Are we setting up our Sales Development Reps (SDRs) for failure?
My regular guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason, VP of Corporate Sales for SumoLogic. In this episode, Bridget and I have a conversation about setting up SDRs for failure and how companies can accelerate forward by consciously favoring quality over quantity in sales development. Included among the questions we discuss are:
- Are companies reaching out to only the qualified leads?
- Are companies putting too much pressure on SDRs?
- Or, are the expectations of success too low for SDRs?
- Why is there a lack of preparation when it comes to sales calls?
- Why it’s better to measure an SDR on results, rather than on activity.
Learn more about what’s in the future for sales. Be sure to join us for this information packed episode!
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 105 Front Line Friday with Bridget Gleason. Are We In Danger Of Breaking The Modern Sales Model?
My regular guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason, VP of Corporate Sales for SumoLogic. In this episode, Bridget and I have a conversation about the pressures placed on sellers and customers alike in the modern sales development based sales model. Included among the questions we discuss are:
- Are we burning out and exhausting prospects with the modern sales model?
- Does continuing sales innovation demand that sales models be broken and replaced?
- Why sales roles will continue to become more specialized.
- How automation will revolutionize and streamline the task of connecting with prospective buyers.
Interested in what the future holds for sales? Then be sure to join us for this episode!