Welcome to another Front Line Friday with my special guest, Bridget Gleason. On this week’s episode, Bridget and I discuss, among other topics: how to approach developing your sales plan for 2017 (for individuals and managers); the ideal timeframe for sales planning; sales manager planning and how to convert your plan into action.
Kevin Eikenberry is Chief Potential Officer at the Kevin Eikenberry Group, a world-renowned leadership expert, a two-time bestselling author, speaker, consultant, trainer, and coach. In this episode our discussion is centered around the leadership component of sales. You’ll learn why you need to lead, inspire and motivate the buyer to take action. And, why too few sales reps ever seem to consider their role to be that of a leader. Tune in to hear Kevin and I talk about the intersection of leadership and management in the context of sales and what that means for your success.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 170 with Bridget Gleason. Managing and Coaching Under-Performing Sales Reps
My regular guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason, VP of Corporate Sales for SumoLogic. In today’s episode, Bridget and I talk about managing and coaching under-performing sales reps. Sometimes, that can include respectfully managing those reps into other career opportunities. Be sure to join us for this information-packed episode! Among the topics we discuss are:
- How much time you should give an underperforming sales rep to improve their results.
- Should be a termination come as a surprise to a sales rep?
- How managers should factor non-work related causes of poor performance into their evaluation.
- How you should manage terminations for reasons other than sales performance.
David Long is author of the Wall Street Journal Best-Seller Built to Lead: 7 Management R.E.W.A.R.D.S Principles for Becoming a Top 10% Manager. David is also the Founder and CEO of MyEmployees, a 25 year-old firm in the Top 1% Worldwide in the Employee Engagement and Recognition industry. In this episode, David explains why few employees get promoted into management and why even fewer succeed once they get there. Listen in as David provides indispensable career advice for every manager, and for every sales rep that wants to become one. Among the topics we discuss are:
- How to maximize your ability to have an amazing management career
- Why just 1 in 7 new managers achieve success
- What truly sets good managers apart from bad managers.
- How to build the effective manager mindset that will get you to the top.
- Why you must enable employees to continue their professional education on company time.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 151 with Brad Szollose. What Every Manager Should Know about Managing Millennials.
Brad Szollose is a business adviser, web pioneer, keynote speaker, and Millennial expert. He is the author of the award-winning book Liquid Leadership: From Woodstock to Wikipedia–Multigenerational Management Ideas That Are Changing the Way We Run Things, which delves into new styles of leadership – primarily how to get progressive tech-savvy Gen Y and analog driven Baby Boomers working together. In this episode Brad and I discuss the challenges for managers in managing the potential differences between generations in the workplace.
- How to create a comfortable work environment for millennials.
- Why millennials appear to be entitled (but. in reality. aren’t.)
- How the four current generations differ in their approach to work. And, why it’s important to you.
- The best way to set expectations and goals for millennials.
- How the boomer generation was raised in fear. And, what that means for managing the transition between generations in the workplace.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 108 with Lee Salz. 5 keys to hiring the right sales rep for the right job.
- Why writing skills are important in the hiring of sales reps
- Why it is important to know what you are selling when hiring the right candidate
- Why it is essential to test for the position you are hiring for
- How to gain visibility into the candidate you are interested in
- How to construct the best interview questions based on the role you are hiring for
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 79 with Lee Caraher. Millennials and Management, The Essential Guide To Making It Work At Work
In this episode, Lee Caraher, Founder and President of Double Forte, and author of the book, Millennials and Management, The Essential Guide To Making It Work At Work talks about the best practices for harnessing the energy, motivation and tech savvy of millennials to help your business grow. In our conversation we puncture many of the unfounded myths people hold about millennials. Listen in as we talk about:
- How to harness the flexibility of millennials
- Managing the work-life balance with millennials
- How to clearly set expectations for millennials
- Why millennials adapt to change easier than other workers
- How to manage the multi-generational workplace
- Why the basic interpersonal skills work best with millennials
This episode is a must listen for any CEO, manager or sales leader that manages millennials. Or, manages those who do!