On Accelerate! Now: Episode 151 with Brad Szollose. What Every Manager Should Know about Managing Millennials.
Brad Szollose is a business adviser, web pioneer, keynote speaker, and Millennial expert. He is the author of the award-winning book Liquid Leadership: From Woodstock to Wikipedia–Multigenerational Management Ideas That Are Changing the Way We Run Things, which delves into new styles of leadership – primarily how to get progressive tech-savvy Gen Y and analog driven Baby Boomers working together. In this episode Brad and I discuss the challenges for managers in managing the potential differences between generations in the workplace.
- How to create a comfortable work environment for millennials.
- Why millennials appear to be entitled (but. in reality. aren’t.)
- How the four current generations differ in their approach to work. And, why it’s important to you.
- The best way to set expectations and goals for millennials.
- How the boomer generation was raised in fear. And, what that means for managing the transition between generations in the workplace.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 79 with Lee Caraher. Millennials and Management, The Essential Guide To Making It Work At Work
In this episode, Lee Caraher, Founder and President of Double Forte, and author of the book, Millennials and Management, The Essential Guide To Making It Work At Work talks about the best practices for harnessing the energy, motivation and tech savvy of millennials to help your business grow. In our conversation we puncture many of the unfounded myths people hold about millennials. Listen in as we talk about:
- How to harness the flexibility of millennials
- Managing the work-life balance with millennials
- How to clearly set expectations for millennials
- Why millennials adapt to change easier than other workers
- How to manage the multi-generational workplace
- Why the basic interpersonal skills work best with millennials
This episode is a must listen for any CEO, manager or sales leader that manages millennials. Or, manages those who do!