Joining me on this episode of Accelerate! is Anthony Caliendo, bestselling author of The Sales Assassin: Master Your Black Belt in Sales, motivational speaker (and successful serial entrepreneur.) Among the many topics that Anthony and I discuss are why you need a passion to excel at whatever you do; the three essential traits all successful sales professionals possess; the mental roadblocks that prevent sales reps from learning and growing, and how you can use your inner sales ninja to get to the top.
John Smibert, is the co-founder and CEO of Australia-based Strategic Selling Group. John is on a mission to elevate the professionalism of sales. Tune into this episode to hear John and I talk about how to avoid the pitfalls associated with too much reliance on automation in sales. John also spells out a modern approach to sales training that sales managers should use. Among the many topics we discuss are:
- Is modern B2B selling becoming too automated?
- How sellers should focus on maximizing the human touch in their sales.
- How much time a company should invest in sales training.
- A new, more effective approach to training sales reps.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 145 with Bridget Gleason. The Books ALL Sales Professionals Should Read.
My regular guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason, VP of Corporate Sales for SumoLogic. In this episode, we take a break from talking about sales strategies. Instead, Bridget and I share some of our favorite books that we believe every sales person, and sales manager, should read. Want to know what you should be reading right now to increasing your reservoir of sales knowledge? Then make sure to join us for this information-packed episode!
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 134 with Mohit Garg. How to Accelerate and Improve On-Boarding for Sales Reps
Mohit Garg is the co-founder and Chief Customer Officer of MindTickle. In today’s episode, Mohit and I talk about the challenges most companies face with hiring, on-boarding and training sales reps. It takes too long, is often ineffective and doesn’t produce the desired results in predictable fashion. Listen in as we talk about how companies must change their hiring and on-boarding processes to keep pace in today’s dynamic business environment. Among the many topics we discuss are:
- Why rapidly shrinking business cycles are making conventional on-boarding and sales training obsolete.
- What is sales readiness and how can you measure it?
- How you can accurately determine when new reps are ready to be working with buyers.
- Why it currently requires an average of 7 months for new sales reps to become fully productive and how that can be changed.
- How new technologies like MindTickle can accelerate and improve the process of hiring and on-boarding sales reps.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 49 Front Line Friday with Bridget Gleason. Preparing Salespeople For Success In The 21st Century
My regular guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason. Bridget is VP of Corporate Sales at SumoLogic. On this episode, Bridget and I talk about a variety of essential sales topics for sales leaders: why it’s important for sales leaders to celebrate the small successes; the importance of helping sales reps develop patience; how to develop and maintain a positive attitude; why sales reps need to physically practice every sales interaction before they talk to the prospect; and, how sales reps can become better listeners. Be sure to listen to this episode today!