Welcome to another Front Line Friday with my regular guest, Bridget Gleason. On this week’s episode, Bridget and I discuss, among other topics the connection between new sales technologies and enhanced sales productivity. Join Bridget and me for this episode of Accelerate! as we dig into the future of sales in the face of technological changes.
Welcome to another edition of Front Line Friday with my regular special guest, Bridget Gleason. On this episode, we focus our conversation on the changing role of the B2B salesperson in the face of rapidly evolving sales tools, automation, and systems. We talk about the sales behaviors and skills in the sales cycle that are “uniquely human”, and nearly impossible to replace with technology. Listen in as Bridget and I discuss how salespeople can develop the habits and behaviors that not only improve their current performance, but also secure their role in future.
My guest on this episode is Michael Sacca, host of the business podcast, Rocketship.fm, and Head of Partnerships at Crew. Among the many topics Michael and I discuss are how sales professionals can succeed and thrive in a world where sales teams are at risk of being engineered out of the selling process; and, how the personal touch in sales can influence the emotional element of decision-making and become the differentiator that helps you close the deal.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 167 with Tony Hughes. The Coming B2B Sales Disruption. How to Survive It and Thrive.
Tony Hughes is ranked the #1 Influencer for professional selling in Asia-Pacific by Top Sales World magazine and the best-selling author of The Joshua Principle.
Tony has some startling news for sales reps today. Based on a variety of industry forecasts, the number of B2B sales reps is projected to dramatically shrink over the next four years.
The driving force for this change is that too many B2B customers do not receive sufficient value from their interactions with sales reps during their buyer’s journey. Given the trove of information readily available to them online, newly empowered buyers are willing to go outside the traditional engagement with sales reps to gather the information they need to quickly make good decisions.
In this episode, Tony and I discuss the growing challenges for B2B sales reps and what they need to do become a lasting and powerful source of value to their customers. Among the topics we discuss include:
• The reasons why so many sales reps vulnerable to seismic shifts taking place in how their prospects and customers buy.
• The forces that could dramatically shrink the number of B2B sales reps over the next four years.
• The challenges sales reps must confront in order to continue to add value to their buyers. (And keep their jobs in the process.)
• How to inspire your buyers to follow you.
In this episode, Regis Lemmens, founder of Sales Cubes and a Professor at leading business schools in the UK, Belgium and the Netherlands, shares the key findings of his extensive research into the future of B2B sales. He describes what his research found to be the necessary and inevitable evolution of consultative selling to a true collaborative partnership with buyers. Among the topics we discuss in this episode are:
- What is value co-creation and why is it central to the future of B2B sales?
- Why buyers may start paying you to sell to them. And, what that means for the future of the sales rep.
- How sales teams will continue to become more specialized. But, not in the way you might think.
- How the hunter-farmer metaphor for sales reps will become obsolete.
If you’re in sales or sales management, then you definitely need to listen to this episode.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 136 with Josiane Feigon. What’s the Future of Sales? Smart Sales Trends for 2016 and Beyond.
Josiane Feigon is a sales futurist and the founder of TeleSmart Communications. She is the author of Smart Sales Manager: The Ultimate Playbook for Building and Running a High-Performance Inside Sales Team. For the past 11 years, Josiane has written and published sales trends reports that lay out the significant macro trends that will transform sales, and business, in the near future. In this episode, Josiane and I discuss the latest trends that will begin to transform how we sell in 2016.
- 10 must-have skills sales reps need to be successful in inside sales.
- What is a No-Po and why can’t sales and marketing avoid them?
- What sales reps need to do to stay relevant to their customers (and avoid being replaced by automation)
- Why true authority will be defined by knowledge and merit, not title.