Joining me on this episode of Accelerate! is Will Barron. Will is the UK-based host of the Salesman.red podcast. Among the many topics that Will and I discuss are how Will’s background in chemistry and medical device sales led to starting his podcast, how sales professionals would benefit by podcasting and how to build trust into the customer relationship.
On episode #168 of Accelerate! my guest is Meridith Elliot Powell, an award-winning author, speaker, and coach. She has authored several books, including Winning In the Trust & Value Economy and her latest, Own It: Redefining Responsibility-Stories of Power, Freedom & Purpose, which is about how to build cultures that inspire ownership to create profits. In today’s episode, I chat with Meridith about how salespeople and companies should practice the art of relationship building with their prospects and how to continue adding value to their existing customers. Tune in to learn how you can be the one to win the sale over your competition. Among the topics we discuss are:
- The difference between a push and pull economy and how it affects how you sell.
- Why are trust-based relationships essential to sales success?
- Why, in today’s economy, trust is even more important to buyers
- How to start building relationships with your prospects and existing clients.
- Learn how to build relationships that eliminate the stereotypes that have plagued sales reps.
My regular and special guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason, VP of Corporate Sales for SumoLogic. In this episode, we discuss something that rarely gets talked about in sales: failure. In particular, the self-inflicted screw up that can end any chance of winning an order with a particular prospect. Bridget and I use examples from our own careers to talk about how you can bounce back from the material mistake, the unintentional oversight or significant error that undermines your credibility with your customer or prospect, and still win the order. Or retain the client. Listen in as we talk about:
- How to bounce back from a mistake that costs you the order.
- How to cultivate the strong customer relationships that have resilience.
- Steps you should take with your customer to recover from a mistake.
- Examples of the significant mishaps and mistakes that we’ve dealt with in our own careers.
- And much more. Don’t miss this!
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 146 with Jason Treu. How to Build Relationships that Transform Your Sales and Your Life.
Jason Treu (pronounced “Troy”) is a leading business and relationship coach, and author of two excellent books Social Wealth: How to Build Extraordinary Relationships by Transforming the Way We Live, Love, Lead and Network and Extraordinary: The Art of the Exceptional Life. In this episode, Jason and I explore the steps sales reps should take to build rapport and trust, and strengthen their connections, with new contacts, prospects and customers, both online and in-person. Among the topics we discuss include:
- How to build connections and relationships that pass the Know, Like and Trust test.
- How to quickly build rapport with new connections, both in-person and online.
- The #1 most important social strategy you should implement to build your network of influence.
- How to identify and prioritize those relationships that matter the most.
Bob Burg is the co-author of the powerful best-selling classic: The Go Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea. The Go Giver is a parable, based on the 5 laws of stratospheric success, that lays out a path to success and happiness in life, as well as in business and sales.
The Go Giver is a proven recipe for achieving success that is based on giving, serving, and placing the needs of others before your own. In today’s episode, Bob and I talk about the five powerful laws of stratospheric success that are at the heart of the Go Giver formula:
- The Law of Value
- The Law of Compensation
- The Law of Influence
- The Law of Authenticity
- The Law of Receptivity
Listen now! This is a don’t miss episode.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 104 with Charles H Green. The 4 Essential Principles of Building Trust with Customers.
In this episode, Charles Green, co-author of The Trusted Advisor and author of Trust-based Selling, shares the secrets to developing a trust-based relationship with your buyers that can accelerate your sales. Listen in as we talk about:
- Why trust is not the same as trustworthiness. And what that means for you.
- Why you can’t fully build trust with a prospect if you don’t them.
- Why trust is personal. Buyers are building trust with you, not your company.
- Why trust is not a number that you can measure.
This episode is a must listen for everyone. Any CEO, entrepreneur, sales leader and sales rep should invest the time to listen.
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 68 with Jon Ferrara. The More Digital We Get, The More Human We Need To Be. How To Pay Forward Relationships To Become A Trusted Advisor To Your Customers.
In this information-packed, rapid-fire episode, Jon Ferrara, founder and CEO of Nimble, and one of the early pioneers of the entire sales force automation industry, lays out what he believes are the dangers of the sales stack becoming too complex and too costly; putting too much emphasis on the technology and not enough on prospects and customers. He describes a simpler approach to maintaining a focus on building relationships with buyers that includes a more encompassing view of their requirements and the community that influences them. Jon shares his “5 E’s of Social Business.” You’ll have to listen if you want learn these essential keys to becoming a trusted advisor to your customers, to creating lasting value-based relationships and to building a community that produces a steady stream of referrals. If you’re in sales, service, management or leadership, then you will definitely want to invest some time to listen to this episode!