Joining me on this episode of Accelerate! is my guest Marcy Campbell, Senior Vice President, Worldwide Sales & Business Development at Qubole. Qubole simplifies provisioning, management, and scaling of big data analytics workloads. Among the many topics that Marcy and I discuss are Marcy’s unique sales background, the challenges of selling a disruptive product in a competitive environment, the qualifications needed for complex tech sales, and reasons why there aren’t more women in tech sales today.
My regular guest on Front Line Friday is Bridget Gleason, VP of Corporate Sales for SumoLogic. In today’s episode, Bridget and I discuss a number of topics including:
- Why you need to hire more women into sales roles.
- How to create the right environment to help women succeed in sales.
- The traits that enable women sales reps to outperform their male counterparts.
- How to avoid the typical end of quarter end craziness.
- How to smooth out your pipeline to avoid the proverbial hockey stick effect.
Be sure to join us for this information-packed episode!
On Accelerate! Now: Episode 71 with Lori Richardson. If You Want To Accelerate Your Sales, Hire More Women Sales Reps
In this episode, Lori Richardson, President of Score More Sales, and President of Women Sales Pros, discusses how companies are missing out on the opportunity to accelerate their sales growth by not doing more to recruit and hire qualified women sales reps. Research studies have found that female sales reps routinely outsell their male counterparts. Given that data, if you’re a sales manager, why aren’t you making it a priority to hire more female sales reps? Among the key topics we discuss include:
- Why the modern sales force continues to be overwhelmingly male dominated.
- Why female sales reps have higher average quota achievement than men. But are still paid less for the same work.
- How to attract increased numbers of qualified women candidates for sales jobs
- How to spot the hidden signals that companies send out that communicate a lack of upward career opportunity for women sales professionals.
- How to identify the unconscious gender bias in your sales job descriptions that deter female applicants.
If you’re in sales or sales management, then you definitely need to listen to this episode.
Why aren’t there more women in sales? That’s one of the questions my guest, Lori Richardson, the founder and CEO of Score More Sales, a sales training firm, and President of Women Sales Pros, tackles in this episode. Women are still dramatically under-represented in sales. And, in this episode, Lori shares her own journey as a single mother through the ranks of the sales profession, overcoming the numerous obstacles placed in her way to become the founder and CEO of her own sales training company. Lori gets into the details about why sales is such a desirable profession for women to enter. But she also explores the barriers that are still placed in their way and talks about the efforts of the Women Sales Pros, a national association dedicated to the support, mentoring and education of women sales professionals, to expand their opportunities for employment and advancement. This is essential listening for all sales leaders!