On Accelerate! Now: Episode 151 with Brad Szollose. What Every Manager Should Know about Managing Millennials.
Brad Szollose is a business adviser, web pioneer, keynote speaker, and Millennial expert. He is the author of the award-winning book Liquid Leadership: From Woodstock to Wikipedia–Multigenerational Management Ideas That Are Changing the Way We Run Things, which delves into new styles of leadership – primarily how to get progressive tech-savvy Gen Y and analog driven Baby Boomers working together. In this episode Brad and I discuss the challenges for managers in managing the potential differences between generations in the workplace.
- How to create a comfortable work environment for millennials.
- Why millennials appear to be entitled (but. in reality. aren’t.)
- How the four current generations differ in their approach to work. And, why it’s important to you.
- The best way to set expectations and goals for millennials.
- How the boomer generation was raised in fear. And, what that means for managing the transition between generations in the workplace.