On Accelerate! Now: Episode 117 with Tom Searcy. Small Business Needs to Shift Their Mindset to Compete For Bigger Deals.
Tom Searcy is the author of the book, Life After the Death of Selling: How to Thrive in the New Era of Sales. He is also co-author of the book, Whale Hunting: How to Land the Big Sales and Transform Your Company. In this episode, Tom and I discuss how small businesses have to change how they think and act to compete with larger companies for bigger deals. Among the topics we discuss are:
- Why do some of the “Experts” say that ‘sales’ is dying?
- What do U.S. Department of Labor statistics indicate about future sales employment?
- How the consultative model is changing in sales.
- Why small businesses have to solve bigger problems to stay relevant to their customers.
- How smaller companies must structure themselves to go after the bigger deals.