Michael Gale, Co-author of The Wall Street Journal bestseller, The Digital Helix, joins me on this episode of #Accelerate!
- Research shows that any form of activity associated with digital transformation will generate some positive return. Digital transformation is endemic — in small amounts.
- 72% of all the net returns from transformation are going to 28% of the companies. Those that transform digitally, using the right tools, are laps ahead of everybody else. Digital transformation is imperative for business today.
- If you are consistently 5% better than your competition, you will thrive. Digital transformation is accelerating that differential process.
- The customer’s journey is like a ‘Catherine wheel’ with many moments when a conversation can happen. The knowledge of these moments is more important than ever and also more complicated.
- Salespeople need to understand at extreme levels of detail how their customer’s sales moments occur. Andy cites Gartner’s research on buyer enablement. Michael talks about understanding the ‘spaghetti of moments.’
- If you are not connected socially in some way to your prospects, it’s hard to see their moments. Follow top decision-makers in your accounts.
- Smart digital thrivers integrate technology to make their people the best versions of themselves and automate the processes that do not involve human interaction.
- You have to personalize for the exact moment. You want to exceed expectations in a way that your cost of sale is reduced and your margins go up.
- Every salesperson needs to understand that the customer has a portfolio of experience; there are moments — not journeys — to manage, and tools make you a better version of yourself.
- What about visiting the prospect? Run tests in your own market. Don’t cut your costs into being a subscription business. Michael tells a cautionary tale about ESPN. Test your playbook’s assumptions.
- Successful selling in a digitally transformative world requires the integration of automation at one end and intimacy at the other.
- The thriving 18% of the Global 2000 mix intimacy, reskilling, moments, and portfolios so amazing things happen. Sales improves all departments. Digital transformation is about becoming more human, not less.
CONTACT MICHAEL GALE
Contact Michael: [email protected]
LinkedIn: Michael Gale