David Long is author of the Wall Street Journal Best-Seller Built to Lead: 7 Management R.E.W.A.R.D.S Principles for Becoming a Top 10% Manager. David is also the Founder and CEO of MyEmployees, a 25 year-old firm in the Top 1% Worldwide in the Employee Engagement and Recognition industry. In this episode, David explains why few employees get promoted into management and why even fewer succeed once they get there. Listen in as David provides indispensable career advice for every manager, and for every sales rep that wants to become one. Among the topics we discuss are:
- How to maximize your ability to have an amazing management career
- Why just 1 in 7 new managers achieve success
- What truly sets good managers apart from bad managers.
- How to build the effective manager mindset that will get you to the top.
- Why you must enable employees to continue their professional education on company time.