Tom Searcy is the author of the book, Life After the Death of Selling: How to Thrive in the New Era of Sales. He is also co-author of the book, Whale Hunting: How to Land the Big Sales and Transform Your Company. In this episode, Tom and I discuss how small businesses have to change how they think and act to compete with larger companies for bigger deals. Among the topics we discuss are:
- Why do some of the “Experts” say that ‘sales’ is dying?
- What do U.S. Department of Labor statistics indicate about future sales employment?
- How the consultative model is changing in sales.
- Why small businesses have to solve bigger problems to stay relevant to their customers.
- How smaller companies must structure themselves to go after the bigger deals.